19 September 2017 by Scott M. Graffius ☕️ 2 minute read
Disruption from artificial intelligence (AI) is here, but many leaders don't have clear expectations about AI or how it fits into their business. This brief article focuses on the disparity in understanding and implementation.
There are four organizational maturity clusters:
- Pioneers (19% of organizations): Businesses that both understand and have incorporated AI into their offerings and internal processes.
- Investigators (32%): Businesses that understand AI but are not deploying it beyond the pilot stage.
- Experimenters (13%): Organizations that are piloting AI without deep understanding.
- Passives (36%): Organizations with limited/no understanding of AI and no piloting/adoption.
Only 19% understand AI and have adopted it. Barriers for the remaining 81% may include issues with business cases, leadership, talent with AI expertise, and technology.
(Data source: http://sloanreview.mit.edu/projects/reshaping-business-with-artificial-intelligence.)
You're invited to find out more about Scott:
- Check out his bio,
- Find out about his speaking engagements,
- See and like his author page at Amazon,
- See and like his video channel at Vimeo, and
- Visit the website for his business — Exceptional PPM and PMO Solutions.
And connect with Scott on social: